Check Point Security Administration provides an understanding of the basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades. During this course you will configure a Security Policy and learn about managing and monitoring a secure network, upgrading and configuring a Security Gateway and implementing a virtual private network.
- Technical persons who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course.
- Anyone seeking CCSA certification
Persons attending this course should have a working knowledge Windows and/or UNIX, network technology and the Internet.
Follow on course:
Check Point Security Engineering (CCSE)
- Introduction to Check Point Technology
- Security Policy Management
- Policy Layers
- Check Point Security Solutions and Licensing
- Traffic Visibility
- Basic Concepts of VPN
- Managing User Access
- Working with ClusterXL
- Administrator Task Implementation
- Interpret the concept of a Firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
- Describe the key elements of Check Point?s unified Security Management Architecture.
- Recognize SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
- Understand Check Point deployment options.
- Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
- Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
- Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified Security Policy.
- Summarize how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
- Recall how to implement backup techniques.
- Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
- Recognize Check Point security solutions and products and how they work to protect your network.
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize performance improvements.
- Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities.
- Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities.
- Understand how to analyze and interpret VPN traffic.
- Recognize how to define users and user groups.
- Understand how to manage user access for internal and external users.
- Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
- Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions.
- Working with Gaia Portal
- Modifying an Existing Security Policy
- Configuring Hide and Static NAT
- Managing Administrator Access
- Installing and Managing a Remote Security Gateway
- Managing Backups
- Defining Access Control Policy Layers
- Defining and Sharing Security Policy Layers
- Working with Licenses and Contracts
- Working with Check Point Logs
- Maintaining Check Point Logs
- Configuring a Site-to-Site VPN
- Providing User Access
- Working with Cluster XL
- Verifying Network Compliance
- Working with CP View
This training prepares the student for the Check Point Certified Security Administrator R80 exam.
Length: 3 days